Natural Stone Countertops like granite, marble and travertine are beautiful and durable. At Millstone Homes we encourage the use of natural stone for aesthetics as well as functionality and we recommend they receive love and attention.
- Dust regularly and clean with stone soap and warm water or a neutral cleaner. It is best to not use abrasive cleansers or acidic ingredients like vinegar or lemon. When spills occur be sure to blot up immediately and do not use steel wool or polish.
- Use manufacturer recommendations when repairing chips, scratches, burns ans stains. Sometimes it is best to consult a professional.
Natural Stone Facts:
- In general the hardest natural stone is granite. Because it is porous it requires initial sealing as well as periodic sealing.
- Marble is softer than granite, more porous and more sensitive to acids. Blot up orange juice tomato juice and vinegar quickly.
- Travertine is a sedimentary rock that is quite porous as well. It is formed by particles like carbonate, calcite, calcium and magnesium being tightly compressed. The porous surface is often filled with polished resin material.
Click here to see some of the beautiful Millstone Custom Homes countertops in our portfolio. At Millstone Custom Homes we walk you through all the tough decisions when building your home.