Bathrooms are one of the most beautiful and relaxing areas of your home. From the functional aspect, properly designed and installed showers and tub enclosures are water tight and durable.
There are a variety of fixtures and finishes combined with either ceramic tile, synthetic material, or fiberglass that requires much planning and design to make a bathroom pleasing to the eye as well as usable. To keep your relaxation area up to par – homeowner care and maintenance is required.
Sealant in the corners, adjoined areas and around piping and fixtures is essential for keeping water tight and avoiding mold and mildew. Keeping everything clean and beautiful requires thinking ahead from the cleaning solution to the scrubbing sponge or cloth.
- Monitor your tub and enclosures. Make note of any unusual staining or dampness.
- Do not wait on repairs! Mold and damage to your finishing or framing can result from tiny water leakage.
- Remove excessive bathing accessories such as shampoo and conditioner bottles on ledges as they create water and soap deposits.
- Mop up standing water to avoid curling or staining of the floor.
- Keep curtains or doors closed until water has fully drained. If you have kids you are likely familiar with “keep the curtains closed!”
- Chrome bath fixtures require warm water and a mild detergent. Scouring pads or abrasive cleaners can scratch chrome finishing.
- Regularly inspect seals on shower doors and make adjustments to keep water inside enclosures.
- Ceramic tile surfaces and grout require thoroughly cleaning on a quarterly basis. Use proper tile cleaner and brush. Make repairs if any gaps in sealant or grout – especially at junctures in the wall, tub or fixtures.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about cleaners to use for your surfaces or where to keep an eye out for natural occurring deterioration that can happen many years down the road.
As it is with all aspects of our homes – a combination of function and beauty is what makes a Millstone Custom Bathroom special. See some photos of simple as well as elaborate Millstone Custom Home bathrooms in our portfolio.
Millstone Custom Homes and Renovations – Welcome Home To Custom Quality.