Get out and enjoy your backyard living space! Fall is the perfect time and temperature to huddle around a fire pit, barbecue or or toss the football around the backyard with your family. This is where memories are created that will last a lifetime.
Parents, we know how easy it is to sit inside and watch TV after an exhausting week, but squeeze out that little bit of energy you have left and plan for 45 minutes to an hour of activities outside with your kids at least once a week during this short Autumn season. It is time you will not regret and your children will cherish.
Don’t wait to add that firepit or pergola or install that volleyball net or basketball court because it needs to be in place for those perfect moments. If you are building a new home, we recommend putting some extra thought into your outdoor living area and how it conforms to your home and family. Whether it is centered around a pergola, deck or firepit you need to create an environment for your memories.
Enjoy your evenings this weekend with a Pampered Chef’s Autumn Fruit Salad
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 container (8 ounces) vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Core and wedge apples using Apple Wedger; cut apples into small pieces.
- Combine apples, grapes, and mandarin oranges in medium bowl. Add marshmallows, yogurt and lime zest; mix gently. Sprinkle nuts over top. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 12 servings